Note: This recipe comes in three parts; the dough, the sauce, and the pizza itself. This recipe has been tested by adrianimation, who says that it is great, and works well as a fluffy-crust pizza.
Cornmeal Dough (pre-made, store bought dough will work)
- 2 ½ tsp. (1/4 oz.) active dry yeast
- ½ - ¾ cup warm water
- ½ tsp. granulated sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 ½ - 2 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ - ¾ cup cornmeal
- Minced Jalapenos (optional)
- Add active dry yeast to cup of warm water and sugar. Stir, and allow to sit for 5-10 minutes, until activated. Add olive oil.
- In separate bowl or mixer (with dough hook attachment), mix together salt, cornmeal, flour, and jalapenos (optional).
- While mixing (low, on mixer) add liquid ingredients.
- Mix until dough pulls away from the side of the bowl. Add additional flour one spoonful at a time, until dough is no longer sticking
- Shape into a smooth ball, and transfer to a lightly greased bowl.
- Cover and allow to sit until ball doubles in size (45-60 minutes)
Chipotle Cream Cheese Sauce (or preferred pizza sauce)
- 2 tbsp. vegetable broth
- 10 oz. cooking crème, regular
- 1 chipotle pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 tsp adobo sauce
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- Pinch of salt to taste
- In a small sauce pan, on medium heat bring vegetable stock to a simmer.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in cooking crème until it is dissolved
- Add chopped minced chipotle pepper, adobo sauce, fresh lime juice, and salt
- 1 can (14 oz.) black beans
- ½ cup corn (if frozen, thaw for 2 minutes in a small pot, or approx. 30 seconds in the microwave)
- ¼ - ½ of a medium onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper (optional)
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- ¼ - ½ cup asiago cheese
- Blue-corn tortilla chips (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 450°F (232°C). If you have a pizza stone, allow it to heat up with the oven.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out pizza dough until it is about 12 inches in diameter (you can also do this straight onto a baking sheet in lieu of a pizza stone because how many people have one of those handy? I sure don’t).
- Add onions, corn, and black beans
- Add cheddar cheese, then asiago on top
- Place pizza in oven for 15-20 minutes, or until crust is golden.
- Remove from oven and top with crushed blue-corn tortilla chips